Wednesday, January 4, 2012

'Tis the season

Just finished watching the Phineas and Ferb Christmas special. (Tuning out the laughter) I used to hate it but then they alluded to Edgar Allen Poe and I fell in love.

A few things that most five year old watchers won't recognize in the episode/the series
A.k.a. me trying to convince myself I'm not watching a five year old show in my free time
-What ambivalent, rubenesque and apathy mean
-How Phineas is making fun of cliches when he mentions something like this: The sky just turned dark and ominous, which is clearly foreshadowing that the plot will take a negative turn soon. You gotta love cliche jokes right??
-Ferb's line in some other episode
"Quantum theory states that observation of an experiment changes its outcome"
-The HP/LOTR and Star Wars/Star Trek references in Nerds of a Feather
-And the Cats, The Phantom of the Opera, Oklahoma!, Singin' in the Rain, Fiddler on the Roof, West Side Story, The Music Man, Les Miserables, The King and I, Chicago and Cabaret allusions (ooo not that fancy fancy word)
-That Phineas says this at one point: "but break into spontaneous singing and choreography with no discernible music source!" It's like a High School Musical (         alternate world where the characters realize how ridiculous they are. 


(No worries, I'm sane enough to hate all the other Disney Channel offsprings.)
It's totally not creepy that I took the time to make that list...oh well. I have a history test tomorrow. Oh the joy. Bye peoples. 
Ofir



No comments:

Post a Comment