Thursday, March 1, 2012

Someone Is Reading This

Gwen's blog is literally the best thing ever (heh Rookiemag) and she actually might be reading this which is really nice of her and *cue fourteen year old unfortunately-twilight-esque squealing.* (I'm about to die from the utter lack of any form of anything resembling mild Twilight dislike. The whole country thinks Twilight is god's gift to mankind.)
So today I wanted to wear something Phantom of the Opera inspired since I had a bunch of sheer black material and it looked sorta like a cloak. I say inspired since I wanted it to be abstract! Not because I'm way too lazy to actually make the costume. The white mask only cost a dollar since they expect you to buy the super expensive paint with it to decorate, and I didn't.  Here are pics

Weeee fluttery stuff. I look like someone looking ridiculously serious while trying to imitate this guy  http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Count_von_Count 

Yup. I stuck the safety pins connecting to the cloak on my jacket, and just switched jackets to my boring grey one whenever the teacher came into the room, so they wouldn't send me to the wake-up-early Israeli version of detention. (Trying to find a reason why you'd want to know this and failing. Ah well.)
Also a different absolutely boring grey school approved sweatshirt -I WILL STAB MY SCHOOL UNIFORM TO DEATH ONE DAY- had holes in it, so I stuck safety pins in them.
Very intense diy:
Take safety pins, stick them in your shirt, claim I'm the most original person in the world.

Here's a closeup of the bracelet which I do actually like


No one really noticed the safety pins. But for the cloak and mask thing, a ton of people gave me is she crazy looks, and about a dozen asked me why the hell I was wearing it, so yay!
Bye peoples,
Ofir

1 comment:

  1. OH SNAP I AM READING THIS. Sorry for the late comment hehe. BUT! This is so awesome seriously. That mask looks ~rad~! I love the safety pins! Awesome! and the cloak idea is graaaannnnddd. (grand.) haha yay for people giving crazy looks! akkkk uniforms... glad i don't have one... although our school does have a "NO HATS ALLOWED" rule which kills me. literally. Also akkkk Twighlight. akkkkk. nothing more to say.
    Woop rookiemag though! :)

    Love it.
    Gwen

    ReplyDelete